Dinner is served 7 nights a week starting at 5:30.
Reservations are always a good idea!
Wondering where to park?
Biga does have a self-parking option under the One Alamo Center. Enter the garage on the Market Street side of the building. Look for the Biga sign on the left with the blinking blue light. Need directions? Click Here…PDFparkmap Valet is no longer available.
Chef Bruce Auden updates the Biga main dining room menu daily. Here are highlights of current favorites and Biga classics:
- Seared Hudson Valley foîe gras toasted brioche, frisée, trumpet royal mushrooms, cider duck jus
- Chicken fried oysters squid ink linguine, Swiss chard, pancetta, mustard hollandaise
- Tempura shrimp chili lime glass noodles, watermelon, peanuts, mint
- Griddled 13 oz Angus beef ribeye garlic mashers, French beans, Shiner Bock onion rings, sherry sage jus
- Gulf crab stuffed true American snapper crème fraîche chive mashers, baby carrots and French beans, port berry butter
- Grilled 10 oz beef tenderloin boulangère potatoes, jammy tomatoes, broccolini, house made steak sauce, béarnaise
- Mustard crusted Texas lamb rack herbed goat cheese polenta, trumpet royal mushrooms, foîe gras, port reduction
- Eleven-spiced Hill Country venison and grilled quail tamale tart, apple-braised cabbage, grilled eggplant, juniper sauce
- Close-to-Bouillabaise The Mediterranean classic, updated Biga style: mussels, clams, shrimp, scallop, lobster, tuna, halibut, snapper, with martini rouille
- Sticky toffee pudding Biga’s comfortingly rich signature dessert, inspired by the British classic. With crème anglaise
- Grand Marnier souffle
- Mexican chocolate mousse caramelized bananas, pecan praline, Kahlua anglaise
- Blackberry buttermilk panna cotta raspberry coulis, summer fruit
- Selection of cheeses Pecorino Toscano, Gorgonzola, Texas Chèvre, cranberry walnut bread, lavosh
Click the thumbnails below to see larger images.
Seasonal Menu: Prix Fixe Chef’s Menu under $40
Perfect for pre-theater or pre-Symphony evenings downtown: A three- or four-course selection from our menu at a prix fixe price, a steal at under $40! The Seasonal Menu is available daily, for orders placed before 6:30 or after 9:00 pm.
RESTAURANT WEEK? August is Restaurant Month at Biga!
Tucked away behind a sweep of curtains just off the main dining room, Table 31 offers the perfect spot for relaxed entertaining (5-8 people). Treat your guests to a first-class tour of Chef Auden’s new American cuisine with five- to eight-course tasting menus, Let us suggest intriguing wine pairings from our extensive cellar, and relax – your party is in the capable hands of our kitchen and seasoned house staff.
Sample Chef’s Tasting Menu
- Lobster ravioli on arugula, lobster sauce, fennel
- Szechuan pepper cured salmon, orange chili noodles, sweet mustard
- Boudin-stuffed quail with pears, blackberry jus, zucchini cake
- Veal and beef medallions, chanterelle demi-glacé, mint marigold béarnaise, truffled fries
- Pavlova with mascarpone, orange muscat fruit
Five to eight courses, $65 to $120 per person, plus bar, tax and gratuity. To reserve Table 31 and order a tasting menu tailored to your occasion, contact Private Dining, 210-225-0277 ext 12, or email us here.
Brunch! Mothers’ Day, Easter & Thanksgiving
Biga serves dinner seven nights a week and, a few times a year, BRUNCH! Come see why San Antonio food writers consider Brunch at Biga to be one of the most inventive in the city. What can you expect? Click and see….
Biga does have a self-parking option under the One Alamo Center. Enter the garage on the Market Street side of the building. Look for the Biga sign on the left with the blinking blue light. Need directions? Click Here…parkmapPDF Valet is no longer available.
Uber or Lyft can be a quick and inexpensive way to get to us.
None, of course, but Biga’s ambience is a bit dressier than most San Antonio River Walk venues.
Biga on the Banks believes that the best dishes start with the best ingredients. We are proud to partner with premiere food producers, featuring local, organic and sustainable ingredients whenever possible.